From: Brian Makin (merimus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-27 22:14:47

I'm working with something as follows.

A graph consists of a set of vertices and a set of
edges. vertices are connected to edges through a
seperate datastructure. This allows data to be
attached to vertices, edges, and the connection
between a vertex and edge.

As for as multilevel hypergraphs go. It essentially
allows the graph to be partitioned into multiple
smaller graphs. ie: a 100,000 node graph is
partitioned into a graph with 1000 nodes, then the
1000 node graph is partitioned into a 10 node graph.
The graph can be walked at each level, and you can
move to a higher or lower level.
This is somewhat like subgraph in the current BGL.

I'll try to get a skeleton prototype, and a short
design document put together so I can get some
feedback.