From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-28 00:58:02

Dave,

I've been running serialization tests of the current "HEAD" (1.35) version
on my local machine.

Right now All the tests which use the "export" functionality are failing
when the tests are built
and run in release mode. All tests (except one) pass when tests are
built/run in debug
mode.

In particular the "test_exported" fails when built in release mode and
passes with debug mode.

I've made couple of seemingly unrelated changes on my local system so it IS
possible that I broke something - but I'm wondering if perhaps you neglected
test the changes to "export" in release mode? Knowing this would be helpful
to me.

In the past I've have a lot of problems with this functionality to work
with programs compiled in release mode.

Robert Ramey