From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-28 04:32:46

"Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> "Larry Evans" <cppljevans_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>>> Nope. But I'm sure it will though!
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> seems a bit like ConceptGCC has broken the sound barrier don't it :-)
>>
>> Variadics is a separate feature from what ConceptGCC provides. I know
>> variadics are generating a lot of well-earned excitement, but think
>> ConceptGCC really deserves more attention.

OK Here is my ConceptGCC installation for dummies guide. Probably of most use to
myself :-)
And BTW that is as far as I have got so far. Will try to actually compile
something next!

OK
Hurdle 1. Many Windows users are used to zip not bz2 files, so what do I do with
them??

Use gzip ??options to unzip the source. I cant remember what this is! You also
need the Cygwin/bin directory in your non-Cygwin path to get gzip at the non
Cygwin command prompt

I used PKZip which IIRC I had to extend with something or other and then Use
tar -xf conceptgcc-VERSION.tar , hence I cant remember the gzip stuff.

(Replace with whatever the Cool form to extract tar.bzip2 files is)

Move the resulting 'opt' directory to your Cygwin installation. In my case
C:/Cygwin

so the result is C:/Cygwin/opt

Head for Start>Control Panel.

Head for System>Advanced>Environment Variables.

Find 'Path' environment variable

Add The ConceptGcc bin directory e.g
PREVIOUS_Stuff;C:/Cygwin/opt/conceptgcc-VERSION/bin

Now check it works. Open a command prompt. (If you have Cygwin correctly
installed you shouldnt need to be in Cygwin shell)

type conceptg++.

If all is working ok you should get:

C:\my_current_dir>conceptg++
conceptg++: no input files

C:\my_current_dir

Next.. actually trying to compile something :-)

regards
Andy little