From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-28 11:14:31

On Sep 28, 2006, at 3:20 AM, Andy Little wrote:
> And a Question to Doug Gregor Does ConceptGCC support decltype and
> auto? Please
> note: this is Not a feature request, just a simple question! :-)

No, we don't have support for decltype or auto in ConceptGCC.

Of course, you can fake decltype with concepts, if you want:

   auto concept Callable2<typename F, typename T1, typename T2> {
     typename result_type;
     result_type operator()(F, T1, T2);
   }

Callable2<F, T1, T2>::result_type tells you the type returned by
calling an object of type F with arguments of types T1 and T2.

> Of course if I really want it, then I guess I ought to try sorting
> it out myself
> though shouldnt I? :-)

If be "sorting it out myself" you mean implementing decltype and auto
in GCC, then "yes"! :)

        Doug