From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-29 13:01:24

We can and should - and I am setting a good example adding them to John
Maddock's

<plug>
 upcoming for preview "Math functions and Statistical Distributions".
<\plug>

So they should all compile cleanly with the 'strictest' compiler options.

At very least, putting near the start but AFTER other #include <boost/....>

#ifdef BOOST_MSVC
# pragma warning(push)
# pragma warning(disable: 4127) // conditional expression is constant.
... and, if appropriate, others like
# pragma warning(disable: 4189) // local variable is initialized but not
referenced.
#endif

and at the end

#ifdef BOOST_MSVC
# pragma warning(pop)
#endif

#endif //BOOST_???_HPP

But I note that using the normally recommended

#ifdef BOOST_MSVC

can fail to have the desired effect unless it is preceeded by an (probably
implicit) include of Boost config that will set the macro from _MSC_VER.
This is not normally a problem with Boost headers.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]