From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-29 12:33:22

Peter Walker <pep_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I am working on a project that foolishly embedded the first release of boost
> in to it's build tree and therefore has never updated boost as it evolved.
>
> Now due to an upgrade to the FreeBSD ports directory which forced a compiler
> upgrade on us, we have to use the current version of boost, which is no bad
> thing.
>
> Except, the old code made use of default_iterator_policies which does not
> seem to exist in the current version of boost.
>
> Is there a easy way of replacing the default_iterator_policies in our code
> with what ever we should now be using and if so, what is it?

No, I'm afraid there isn't a trivial way. The library was completely
rewritten with a much-improved interface, but the old idioms no longer
apply. You don't use policy classes anymore.

http://boost.org/libs/iterator/doc/index.html#upgrading-from-the-old-boost-iterator-adaptor-library

has a little more info. Please post here if you need more help.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting