From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-02 15:12:09

On 10/2/06, Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> ?? Which update? AFAIK there is no such channel yet.

Not officially, no, but it does exist.

> At least I did not find such a channel on either server.

Server: irc.freenode.net
Channel: #boost

Works here. There is also a bot ("reboost") that is relaying traffic
to/from #boost on EFNet.

The channel is officially unofficial, but it might be nice if the
Powers That Be gave it their blessing as the official Boost IRC
channel, for whatever that was worth.

I don't think anyone expects Dave A., Robert, Rene, et al. to sit on
IRC all day answering people's questions, but there are some smart,
helpful folks in #boost and the conversation is generally on-topic.

I think it would be nice if Boost.org pointed to the IRC channel so
that those who were so inclined could go there for help or discussion
that is generally more immediate than what email can provide.

--
Caleb Epstein