From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-03 08:58:24

On Oct 2, 2006, at 10:14 PM, Rene Rivera wrote:

> The Boost.Iterator library includes the "New Iterator Concepts"
> proposal
> which mentions this:
>
> "This is a revised version of n1550=03-0133, which was accepted for
> Technical Report 1 by the C++ standard committee's library working
> group."
>
> But in reading the TR1 doc I can get (the N1836 draft) I can't see a
> mention of this. Is the above statement incorrect? If correct, is
> there
> a TR1 doc that includes the new iterators? I'm asking so I can
> refer to
> it for the tree docs.

The above statement *was* correct. The new iterator concepts were
initially voted into TR1, but were later removed. Perhaps someone who
was in the room when it happened could tell you more, but I'm hoping
the new iterator concepts come back for C++0x. Concepts (the language
feature) and move semantics force us to fix the current iterator
concepts.

        Doug