From: Theodore Papadopoulo (Theodore.Papadopoulo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-03 11:43:45

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 08:58 -0400, Douglas Gregor wrote:
> The above statement *was* correct. The new iterator concepts were
> initially voted into TR1, but were later removed. Perhaps someone
> who
> was in the room when it happened could tell you more, but I'm hoping
> the new iterator concepts come back for C++0x. Concepts (the
> language
> feature) and move semantics force us to fix the current iterator
> concepts.

Jumping in the discussion with a diverging topic, sorry...
Speaking of iterators, is there any attempt at making OpenMP extensions
to deal with iterators (or OpenMP friendly iterators).

Multicore processors are becoming the rule rather than the exception and
OpenMP seems (I'm still making my first experiments) very constrained in
the loops it can deal with (basically loop controled by signed
integers). Of course, there are ways of using OpenMP with C++ and
iterators, but this destroys quite a bit the programming model using
loops over iterators.

I just wonder whether this has raised some concern in the C++ community.

        Theo.