From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-06 16:33:56

Lubomir Bourdev wrote:

> So one thought I have been toying with is removing the N-dimensional concepts until we end up needing them.
> Or maybe even removing the 2D concepts?
>
> That will cut down on the documentation with virtually no change in the code. Thoughts?

What about volumetric data ? Wouldn't it make sense to allow for 3D grids / rasters ?
(in VSIPL++ we deal with a Tensor type, but that's a little more general as the three
dimensions don't need to be spatial dimensions...)

I think it makes sense to leave the possibility open to provide optimized implementations
for higher-dimensional pixel containers.

Regards,
                Stefan