From: Jeremy Day (jeremy.day_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-07 14:10:12

Jeremy,

On 10/7/06, Jeremy Pack <Jeremy.Pack_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Are you referring to the mechanism for extending Eclipse functionality
> (the type of stuff at http://www.eclipseplugincentral.com/)? I'm aware

Yes, that is what I was thinking of. Their method seems to involve deriving
a class from a well-established extension point used in the application (or
another plugin). See page 78 of
http://www.eclipse.org/documentation/pdf/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv_3.0.1.pdffor
a quick example. I don't have any experience with this, personally,
but
I thought that it might be something to look into.

As far as the Eclipse plugin API, it is one of the goals that I'm going
> for - being able to write plugins in the future to add to an already
> compiled program easily.

I would definitely be interested in whatever functionality you come up with
in this regard.

Jeremy