From: Jeff F (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-10 14:50:04

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Jeff F wrote:
>> This begs the question of how can we get compiler suppliers to
>> include "a copy" of boost with their compilers? That would certainly
>> remove the single largest barrier to adoption, would it not? It
>> certainly would in the company that I just joined.
>
> Borland used to do that, but since it was a "third party library" and not
> officially supported, and a little out of date (inevitable), I'm not sure
> how much it helped. Sigh :-(

Yes, the key is that it be somehow "supported" via pass-through to this
mailing list, and be kept reasonably up. It's kind of a chicken and egg
scenario - if the big customers asked for it MS, et al would do it, but
getting it into the big orgs is difficult without having access through the
compiler mfr's. I doubt we'd want to use borland as a poster child in this
endeavor. :(

Thanks,

Jeff Flinn