From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-11 19:06:01

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>> "Bjørn Roald" <bjorn_at_[hidden]> wrote
>> Edward Diener skrev:
>>
>>> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>>>
>>> While Microsoft can be commended for raising the level of their compiler
>>> in VC7.1 and VC8, the truth is that where it matters commercially almost
>>> no new future work is being done in C++ and .Net, and this is directly
>>> the "fault" of Microsoft.
>>>

> For the record, these are not my words.
Ok, you are correct. I must be more careful when I cut stuff from
postings. Sorry
> What I was saying is that the fact
> that MSFT dramatically improved their compiler helped tremendously C++
> comunity.
Agreed
> IMHO, if this hadn't happenned there would have been nothing now
> to talk about.

There is always the weather ;-)
Well, I feel like this is a stretch. For one thing, there would have
been more room for competitors on the Windows platform, so who knows.
> I also said nothing about .Net development and managed C++.
I never though you did, I was just not careful enough, so your name was
not cut out of my posting.
> What I meant is
> the regular (standard-complying) C++ compiler.

Good

regards,
Bjørn