From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-11 06:34:36

>"Bjørn Roald" <bjorn_at_[hidden]> wrote
> Edward Diener skrev:
>> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>>
>> While Microsoft can be commended for raising the level of their compiler
>> in VC7.1 and VC8, the truth is that where it matters commercially almost
>> no new future work is being done in C++ and .Net, and this is directly
>> the "fault" of Microsoft.

For the record, these are not my words. What I was saying is that the fact
that MSFT dramatically improved their compiler helped tremendously C++
comunity. IMHO, if this hadn't happenned there would have been nothing now
to talk about.

I also said nothing about .Net development and managed C++. What I meant is
the regular (standard-complying) C++ compiler.

Regards,
ARkadiy