From: Martin Bonner (martin.bonner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-13 09:31:18

From: Jeff Garland
> No. The intent is that the above new/delete is supported. If it
> isn't then it's a really bad idea.

I think we differ on what is meant by "supported". I mean "is
guaranteed by the standard". I think you mean "works on all known
implementations and most likely future implementations".

I'm happy to use code that is formally undefined but works in practise,
but in this case I don't think the gain is worth it (but that is a
personal judgement call).

--
Martin Bonner
Martin.Bonner_at_[hidden]