From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-15 13:19:08

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Boost Inspection Report
>> Run Date: 16:03:28 UTC, Sunday 15 October 2006
>
>> |thread|
>> libs/thread/doc/index.html:
>> *A* broken link: ../../../doc/html/thread.html
>
> Hmm, I changed this. But the link will be valid only after
> the documentation has been built.
>
> I am not sure when the inspection is being run. After a
> regression build? Can I expect that the documentation is
> already built when inspect runs?

The BoostBook docs are not getting generated. It's considerably more
hair pulling involved in getting that process working on the machine
running the inspection. And I haven't had time to look into it yet,
although I might real soon, now that the TR submission I was working on
is out.

> What is expected to be checked into the cvs at all?
> I have recognized, that building the doc from the
> doc subdirectory will overwrite quite a couple of
> files. Is this expected?

I think you are referring to the redirect stub files? Yes those will get
overwritten for the real release, and placed into the release branch.

> Or what am I doing wrong?

Well, interestingly in this case the above is a broken link. Even though
there is a redirect stub file for the thread docs in doc/html, it's
named "threads.html" not "thread.html" (note the plural vs. singular).
So either the stub is wrong, or the link is wrong. I'll leave it up to
you to decide which should be correct since it's your library now ;-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything