From: Lubomir Bourdev (lbourdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-16 18:12:18

> It would be great news if the GIL authors and yourself can
> manage to integrate both libraries.

Regarding incorporating Vigra algorithms into GIL's numeric extension: We think this is a great idea, and we would be happy to collaborate with Vigra and make it easier for them to put their algorithms into the numeric extension, and to have a joint future boost submission of the image-processing extension, with Vigra and perhaps other interested parties. If Vigra's contribution is significant, we would be happy to have Vigra take the lead role in providing the imaging algorithms to boost.

Similarly, we would be happy to collaborate with AGG into providing vector graphics support into a boost submission.

We encourage Prof. Köthe and any other people familiar with Vigra to take part of GIL's review as we feel their experience is very valuable.

Lubomir