From: Dean Michael Berris (mikhailberis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-17 10:52:28

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project right now which uses both Boost.Asio and
Boost.Thread along with a lot of other Boost libraries. We've pretty
much had to roll our own Active Object implementation everytime we
need asynchronous method invocation, and I understand that Futures are
being proposed for C++0x.

The question would be whether there will be (or whether there already
is) a "generic" active object implementation? We've found that
Boost.Asio's io_service is a good scheduler/queue and using a futures
wrapper for the result types.

Perhaps something that used some preprocessor magic or with some TMP ?

Insights and pointers will be most appreciated.

--
Dean Michael C. Berris
C++ Software Architect