From: Giovanni Piero Deretta (gpderetta_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-20 06:02:46

On 10/19/06, Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> A report of our experience in GSoC 2006 has been uploaded at
>
> http://boost.org/more/boost_soc_06_overview.html
> [...]

Great report! I didn't know that there were so many students that
selected Boost as mentoring org...

A couple of comments:

> Mandate (bi)weekly reports

This is a very good idea, not only help the student focus on the
status of the project, but also help the comunity see where the
project is going.

> Conduct student-mentor exclusively through public channels

This would also be great. While our mentors have been very helpful,
more comments on our problems would have been useful. I would mandate
that all *technical* communications should be public.

> Maintain code, docs and tests in parallel

I'm guilty of not doing this, so yes, mentors should *require* their
students to have docs and test up to date.

That's all for now, thanks again to all those involved, expecially our mentors.

Giovanni P. Deretta