From: pdaengr_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-10-25 13:08:51

pdaengr_at_[hidden] wrote:
>>I need to run some of the boost dlls on a PDA (Windows Mobile 5.0). Do I
>>need to compile them with a different switch or with a different version
>>of bjam or anything like that?
>>
>>I've compiled the dlls with with VC8 on Windows XP. Would these versions
>>of the dlls run on Windows Mobile?
>>

>We build apps for WinCE 5.0 using VC8 and have successfully used several of
>the build-requiring boost libraries including thread (with some minor
>fixes), signals, and date_time. We use STLPort 5 to make up for the
>incomplete standard C++ library that comes with CE 5.
>
>-Dave

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm fairly new at programming for the PDA with
C++. I have been using the .NETCF and C# in the past, but my current
project requires the use of C++. **pauses for flames**

How did you go about compiling the libraries? Were you able to use a
downloaded version of bjam to compile for VC8 + WinCE?

Since I am unfamiliar with bjam and all, my first instinct was to put the
classes I need into projects in Visual Studio, but at second glance it
seemed like quite an undertaking. Then, I found the CreateThread method in
windows.h and have been playing with it a bit. I think it will get me
through what I need to do with threads, for now, but I'd say I'll need a
better implementation soon.

Thanks for your help.

-Glen

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial!
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwlo0050000002msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.windowsonecare.com/?sc_cid=msn_hotmail