From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-25 13:40:04

pdaengr_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Since I am unfamiliar with bjam and all, my first instinct was to put
> the classes I need into projects in Visual Studio, but at second
> glance it
> seemed like quite an undertaking.

For most Boost libraries with separate source building from within your IDE
is as simple as adding the source files to a suitable project (static lib is
easiest) and building. For the threads lib there's a define that has to be
set when building the source I think: ah yes, it's BOOST_THREAD_BUILD_LIB=1
that's required.

Other than that, if a lib has separate source then it's under libs/foo/src,
and if that path doesn't exist then lib foo is "header only" and has nothing
to build.

HTH, John.