From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-26 00:56:39

Joel de Guzman wrote:
>> Ok, I kinda agree. However, there may have be a reason that they were
>> not able to. Not shur why that would be, but in any case I told him
>> that he could email me the review if he was unable to post it the
>> group himself. In the future, I'll be firmer and polightly insist
>> that they try join the mailing list.
>
> Understood. Thanks!
>
> Regards,

Well, before we go overboard, according to the process, private reviews
are allowed - from:

http://www.boost.org/more/formal_review_process.htm
     Boost mailing list members are encouraged to submit Formal Review
     comments:

         * Publicly on the mailing list.
         * Privately to the Review Manager.

There are valid reasons for some folks to submit private reviews. Not
sure that's exactly the case here, but we shouldn't just assume
everything is done in public....even though the vast majority of reviews
are public. Overall, I can understand why someone might not want to
join another mailing list, so on balance, I'd hate to see an useful
review like this lost b/c of someone being forced to join the list.

Jeff