From: Michael Marcin (mmarcin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-26 03:08:34

Michael Marcin wrote:
>> http://tinyurl.com/uuqvb
>>
>> "This section describes how to manually configure Boost Boost version
>> 2 (BBv@) for BoostBook."
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that's not quite right :)
>>
>> Probably meant:
>>
>> "This section describes how to manually configure Boost Build version
>> 2 (BBv2) for BoostBook."
>
> Also the the "OASIS DocBook site" link is broken.
>
> I think:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/index.shtml
>
> changed to:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/index.1.shtml

One last thing...

I went through the BoostBook setup process several times because the
documentation wasn't very clear on one minor detail. When I got to:

"At this point, you should be able to build HTML documentation for libraries
that do not require Doxygen. To test this, change into the directory
$BOOST_ROOT/libs/function/doc and run the command bjam --v2: it should
produce HTML documentation for the Boost.Function library in the html
subdirectory."

I did it and it worked fine but when I tried to look at the index.html in a
browser I got something that was readable but ugly and didn't match the
official documentation. I thought I had done something wrong. After
repeating the setup process a few times in different ways (i.e
http://tinyurl.com/nc65b ) I eventually opened the html in notepad and
immediately realized that I would have to copy boostbook.css from doc/html
to view the page correctly.

It would be nice to have a little note attached to the paragraph quoted
about that mentions that it won't look correct without the css.

Thanks,

Michael Marcin