From: Tom Brinkman (reportbase_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-26 03:08:26

>> I move to remove private reviews from the review process.

It seems to me that we should foster an discussion environment of topics
that are of interest and relevence to boost developers. Removing that item
does not seem like that big of a deal to me.

However, the large issue is that we give "a lot" of power to the "review
manager". What their justifcation is for approving or not approving a
library is not always clear. They may have been greatly influenced by
private discussons that did not occur in the mailing list. In my case, when
I have been the "review manager" for a library, I have at least 30-40 emails
between the developer and myself and others that are not posted to the
group. Most of them are inconsequential, but a few might have been
interesting to others - who knows exactly. Ultmiately, we have to trust
the judgement of those that volunteer and accept the responsiblity of being
a "review manager". Hopefully, they take this role seriously and make a
decision that is in the best interest of "boost". I'll do my part and try
to reqruit the best possible "review managers" volunteers.

If the boost moderaters are in agreement, I'll talk to "Ronald Garcia" and
have him make this change.