From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-30 14:23:37

Janek Kozicki wrote:

> Anybody knows whether once TR1 becomes the standard, will it reside
> in std:: namespace or in tr1:: namespace ?
>
> Asking just out of curiosity :)

For C++-0 the parts adopted by the standard are moved directly into
namespace std. They are also likely to be updated with support for
concepts and rvalue referecences (move semantics / perfect forwarding)
and we may even see varaidic templates in the function interface.

Note that Special Math functions did not make it past full committee,
and the Random Numbers Library has expanded and simplified at the same
time - so the TR1 implementation has done a good job of testing the
waters, but we will have a stronger library in the standard.

--
AlisdairM