From: Edward Lam (e4lam_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-30 13:38:37

Hi,

I've found that when using Boost on Visual Studio 2005, I get warning C4103 when
including any boost header which end up including abi_{prefix,suffix}.hpp (eg.
iostreams/filter/zlib.hpp) or which manually performs a #include
BOOST_ABI_{PREFIX,SUFFIX} (eg. regex/v4/regex_traits_defaults.hpp).

An explanation for the warning can be found here:
http://windowssdk.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/t4d0762d.aspx

What is happening is that config/abi/msvc_{prefix,suffix}.hpp performs "#pragma
pack(push,8)" (in msvc_prefix.hpp) and then performs a "#pragma pack(pop)" (in
msvc_suffix.hpp). This leads the compiler to think that the packing alignment
has erroneously changed, generating unnecessary warnings.

Could something be done to fix this? I think the warning needs to be disabled
prior to including BOOST_ABI_{PREFIX,SUFFIX}.

Thanks,
-Edward