From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-31 19:02:02

> I haven't tried it but according to various links, GetSystemTime() only
> gives
> ~10ms or ~15ms precision

Thank you for the links!

Some results looks bizarre tho, like timeGetTime() at the same level than
GetTickCount() seems quite weird to me.
The graphs also seems to indicate QPC has one of the largest call overhead,
would it be a concern ?

Anyway, this makes me wonder what is the rational behind using
GetSystemTimeAsFileTime() to implement date_time::microsec_clock ? Does
anyone know (or could an author entlighten us) ?

This also raise another question, if we chose to implement microsec_timer
with QPC, what will we name the timer implemented with
posix_time::microsec_clock (which is just a typedef for
date_time::microsec_clock) ?

Philippe