From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-01 16:09:13

Martin Knoblauch Revuelta wrote:
> -
> Hi again,
>
> I have uploaded Rank List (presented here as "AVL Array" in the
> message "[proposal] Sequence container with O(log n) random access
> _and_ O(log n) insertion/removal (wherever)") to the Sandbox Vault.
>
> I've made a lot of changes, but the main one is the documentation:
>
> http://boost.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/boost-sandbox/boost-sandbox/libs/rank_list/doc/index.html
>
> You will notice that I've kept all the features of the first
> proposal. I still believe that they are useful and they sould be
> maintained (the rationale explains why). As I said, I will remove them
> if this is the general desire in Boost.
>
> Please, could you first take a look to the docs (overview, rationale
> and/or FAQ) and then answer the next questions?
>
> A) Would you add Rank List to Boost?

Looks nice to me -- seems like it would be useful.

> B) Do you suggest removing anything?

Can't see anything obvious.

How about

     C) add anything?

         1) Should there be specializations of standard algorithms
            that use the internal functions?

         2) Docs really need a tutorial section that shows how to use the
container. I realize it's pretty much like using a vector, but still it's
much easier to see that in a 10 line code snippet than reading thru long and
boring docs.

Jeff