From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-02 10:54:42

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> The test fails with that looks like ICE:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/pw2qu
>
> Martin, could you run this test by hand and tell if this indeed compiler
> issue, and not some "out of memory/out of disk" condition?
>
> If this is compiler issue, I don't think we need to bother
> looking for workaround for gcc-3.4.5, and can mark this failure
> as expected. I don't even thing that reporting this to gcc developers makes
> sense -- given that this compiler version is rather old.

This is a case of excessive use of CPU time :)

The compiler is limited to 30 minutes by the wrapper script I use.

Compiling operators test has been consuming a lot of CPU over a long
time and for several versions of gcc. I'm not surprised it hits the
limit now.

Given the number of compilers that are affected, it is likely that the
problem is in the code being compiled.

I do not want to remove the limit. It serves as a firewall against tests
running wild (we used to have a lot of them). So this limit helps a lot
in running tests unattended.

Regards,