From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-05 09:16:07

Jeff Garland wrote:
> Maciej Sobczak wrote:
>> I would like to stress that the ODBC support was our important milestone
>> that now allows us to claim a quite extensive coverage of existing
>> database technologies. With this in mind, SOCI becomes even more serious
>> and our roadmap for the nearest future is to bring the library to the
>> state that will make it a valid candidate for inclusion into Boost. We
>> will therefore welcome your guidance and suggestions w.r.t. Boost
>> compliance.
>
> It seems to me that there are a few basic things that need to be done:
>
> - have a formal review

Yes, I think so.

> - convert to boost build

Moving to/adding support of bjam is on our roadmap already.

> - refactor src tree to be boost-like (boost tree, finer grained headers/cpp files)

Yes, we'are aware of this requirement too.

> - write some tests (maybe I'm just missing them in the distro)?

When moving to Boost, we think Boost.UTF will be used.

> - full reference docs

Currently, we have good docs I believe, but it would need to follow
Boost doc format.

> not necessarily in that order. Personally I tend toward having the review
> sooner. SOCI's interface as been mostly stable for awhile...although it looks
> like there's a few twists in this release. The review may uncover other
> issues that need to be resolved.

Yes, the outcome would be very interesting.

Cheers

--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net