From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-05 09:11:57

On 12/5/06, Daniel Wesslén <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Michael Fawcett wrote:
> > I really dislike that syntax.
>
> Fair enough. I much prefer my syntax to yours, but the main reason for
> posting was simply to present another way to do it - both syntax and
> implementation.

Fair enough :)
I guess my last question is (not to you directly, just Boost
developers in general) - I wonder if either of our swizzle
implementations would be considered useful to ublas or MTL (
http://osl.iu.edu/research/mtl/ )?

I use swizzling all the time (and more than just xyz) but it's in
actual shaders using Cg, not C++ code. I'm not sure if that's because
I have never had them exposed to me in C++, or if I have just not
needed them.

I think swizzling tends to be used mostly in graphics programming, and
neither ublas nor MTL describe that as their problem domain. Perhaps
it's too specific to be included with those libraries. I notice that
that Vault - Graphics folder is empty...maybe some OpenGL work needs
to be done.

--Michael Fawcett