From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-07 11:02:28

I should explain that the previous was a simple outline.

I was thinking trap_1d::operator() does the complete integration. It will
need more information to specify the desired precision. I'm thinking these
additional arguments could be passed to trap_1d::operator() or could be
constructor args.

The reason trap_1d is a functor is just because I wanted to have arg_t and
res_t be template parameters, and I wanted to have default values for them.
This gives the best of all worlds. You can overide these types by
specifying non-defaults, or you can specialize the arg or res templates, or
you can use the default arg and res templates which are designed to work
with functions of the style std::unary_function (sorry, I didn't check the
spellings on the type names).