From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-08 18:01:14

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> Yuval Ronen wrote:
>> In face of all this disagreement, well, what can a guy do...
>
> What everyone else will do:
>
> Either convince the others, i.e. prove your points
>
> or
>
> respect that you have learned something.

Of course I have learned something. Learned a lot. I always do from the
discussions here.

> Given the fact that there currently is one pro and one contra vote, is
> not enough to change anything. Agreed?

Of course. Especially given the fact there is more than one contra...

> From rereading your original post I got the following impression:
> You found a way to speed up condition variables on Windows.
> Unfortunately you found out, that this is not possible with the current
> interface. Instead of pointing out this fact, you have been proposing a
> interface change, and stating that the speed up is a mere "side effect".

Now that's not true. The Windows speed up is really just a side effect
of a suggestion focused on interface. I didn't just "make it look like it".

> I personally would like to see a reworked statement, that also considers
> the arguments you have heard so far, ideally accompanied by whatever is
> necessary to prove your points.

I have a feeling you misinterpreted my "what can a guy do" comment. It
was made with humor, not frustration or anger. I'm completely ok with
not being able to convince. Completely.