From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-08 17:55:51

Issue 0:

The configure script seems to not have been updated for BBv2. It is
working OK by chance because the -sXXXX options it passes are just not
relevant under BBv2. Doug, can you update it?

Issue 1:

My system didn't have bzlib.h and compilation was unceremoniously
failing. Should the configure script detect this condition (and the
lack of zlib) and set NO_BZIP2 and NO_ZLIB appropriately?

Issue 2 (or maybe this is issue 0 again):

I notice the configure script is detecting my PYTHON_ROOT and
PYTHON_VERSION, but Boost.Build now handles that job itself (see the
logic in tools/build/v2/tools/python.jam).

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting