From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-10 12:38:45

John Maddock wrote:

> Weird, all it does is call typeid, could that be the issue?

I am afraid it indeed might be the culprit.

At least it always faults on
type_info::name(void)
but with different strange errors, such as
Free Heap block at .... modified at ... after it was freed
First chance exception in regex_regress_threaded.exe (MSVCRTD.DLL):
0xC0000005: Access Violation

Unfortunately the guys from MS forgot to supply the relevant library
source for these calls, so I can only guess.

Could it be, that typeid(...) or .name() are not thread safe on msvc-6.5
altough they are located in the thread safe version of the runtime lib?

Do you have an idea what could be tried to prove or disprove this
hypothesis?

Roland