From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-11 16:40:14

Thing that is bothering me:

" doc/ ...............A subset of all Boost library docs"
                          ^^^^^^

why it's a subset? I want all documentation for my freshly downloaded boost.

1. Are some libraries undocumented?
2. Is their documentation placed elsewhere? Where?

Oh I see the point "4. Don't be distracted by the doc/ subdirectory...
Start with libs/index.html". This explains a bit, but better not to
have to explain anything.

I opt for ,,merging'' doc/ and libs/index.html. So that a causal
downloader will have an access to *whole* documentation from
doc/index. It could be done as simply as copying libs/index.html to
doc/index.html

I guess that doc/ is a documentation written in a new format, and the
documentation in libs/ uses old format. So this doc/index.html will
stay there until the rest of documentation is converted to new format
(if ever).

It's just for convenience.

Also I noticed that the redirections are wrong in *many*
documentation files. For example - a person without a network
connection, but with downloaded and installed boost opens a file
doc/html/any.html and what happens?

A failed redirection to
http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-win32_metacomm/doc/html/any.html

This file should contain a redirection to locally instaled file.

Maybe this is out of the scope of your post, but this difficulty in
browsing documentation always annoyed me, when the network was slow or
down.