From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 11:48:07

Paul Giaccone <paulg_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I've only had a glance over it, and it looks good to me.
>
> Would it be appropriate for this document to include a paragraph (in its
> introduction) entitled "Why use Boost?" Remember we discussed this at
> length a while back as being another thing that can put new users off
> using Boost in the first place.

Sorry, *what* could put new users off?

> (I notice that there is still nothing on the Boost homepage to this
> effect other than a couple of lines on what Boost is. The homepage
> reads to me as if anyone visiting it already knows that they want to
> use Boost.)

Interesting point.

I'm preparing a new Boost Consulting website for launch soon; it has
quite a bit of material about "why boost?"

It seems to me that what you're describing doesn't belong in the
Getting Started document, but on the front page.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting