From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-12 11:55:30

Janek Kozicki <janek_listy_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I'd prefer that each of them linked to an anchor (or part of
> documentation) of respective ilbrary which explains how to perform
> compilation of that library.
>
> Then someone will read the "getting started" and will say - oh, I
> need only filesystem and I don't want to wait till everything
> compiles. I will separately compile just this one, and he clicks the
> link.

I really don't want to complicate the getting started guide with
instructions for compiling a subset of the libraries, and the
individual library documentation will in most cases not give those
instructions either.

Simplicity, simplicity, simplicity, or we will lose much of our
audience.

Hmm... we'll also lose our audience if they have to wait through a
long build process :(. Maybe I need to say something about building
individual libraries and variants.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting