From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-14 03:02:05

> "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>> You can review the guide at
>>> http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/more/getting_started.html.

> Thanks for looking at this, Gennadiy,
>
>> This is not exactly true for Boost.Test. Boost.Test supplies inline
>> versions for all components. This need to be somehow reflected to
>> avoid confusion.
>
> So Boost.Test *doesn't* require separate compilation?
>
> If that's the case, I'll remove it from the list and add a mention of
> it to the paragraph at the bottom of the box

Well. As usual the picture is gray :o)

The statement "Boost.Test can't be used without separate compilation" is
incorrect: all Boost.Test component have inline verstion But:

1. Some (most?) boost libraries *will* require offline library for their
unit tests to work
2. It's not required but recommended to precompile at least UTF

>> The same could be said about Boost.Test and am sure other libraries
>> have their quirks.If in addition to the genric statrment we add
>> links to build doc for each standalone lib as I suggested above it
>> should be good enough.
>
> I'm very concerned about adding needless complication to this
> introductory document. Maybe in the section 8 that would be an
> appropriate place for links to library-specific build/configuration
> documentation.

Summary of Boost.Test build instructions should be located here
libs/test/doc/compilation.html I will try to put it there soon

Gennadiy