From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-12-27 17:42:33

Sascha Seewald wrote:
> After a successful build of Boost.System (cvs head) under vc80 I find
> the generated files (*boost_system-vc-*.*) in the output directory as
> expected. But when building my app the linker complains about missing
> vc80-libs (*boost_system-vc80-*.*).
>
> Looking at other boost libs I see that there are usually two versions of
> each vc-binary. For example:
>
> libboost_thread-vc-mt-sgd.lib
> libboost_thread-vc80-mt-sgd.lib
>
> When I renamed the libs as expected everything worked just fine.
>
> I guess Boost.System should provide properly named vc80 binaries.

I can't reproduce the problem here. None of the boost libraries have a
*-vc-* version; they are all *-vc80-*, including Boost.System's libraries.

The only think I can think of is that you have some older versions of
library or object files mixed in with some newer versions. You might
want to clear out your stage directory, and the object files for your
own code, and rebuild everything.

HTH,

--Beman