From: Andrey Semashev (andysem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-04 17:40:13

Hello Alexander,

> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> Hopefully, I have fixed those errors. I've attached patched files to
>> replace the corresponding original ones. I'm not sure wether Intel
>> compiler supports all GCC attributes I use and I cannot test it. Could
>> you try to compile the test with these fixes?

> Some Intel errors went away but I still see a lot of

> .../../../../boost/fsm/state_machine.hpp(486): error: function returning function
> is not allowed
> return_type (BOOST_FSM_FASTCALL*)(StatesCompoundT&, EventT const&),
> ^

> .../../../../boost/fsm/state_machine.hpp(487): error: function returning function
> is not allowed
> return_type (BOOST_FSM_FASTCALL*)(StatesCompoundT&, EventT const&)
> ^

Seems that Intel has problems in parsing function pointer types inside
template parameter types. I've attached a changed version that might
fix the problem, please, try it if you have some time.

I think, I'll update the documentation as you requested in your post
in a couple of days and put the new version to the Vault. It will have
all fixes I have made so far. BTW, it will have a fix that denies
cross-casting between states, as you noticed earlier. Though, a
conforming compiler is needed for the protection to work.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey                            mailto:andysem_at_[hidden]