From: shunsuke (pstade.mb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-09 17:25:36

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Thomas Witt wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>> The following trivial use of boost::result_of fails on msvc-7.1 and
>>> msvc-8.0:
>> Is this for 1.34.0?
>>

> The fix went into HEAD. The problem exists on the RC branch as well, but
> IMO it's too risky a fix to make there.

AFAIK, non-patched 'result_of' requires a FunctionObject template
to have a "base class" or "user-defined constructor".
VC++ dislikes something like Aggregates? I'm not sure.

Well, if a FunctionObject template doesn't have a base,
I recommand to write an empty default-constructor; until patched version
comes.
(Note iterator adaptors need DefaultConstructible FunctionObject.)

Regards,

--
Shunsuke Sogame