From: shunsuke (pstade.mb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-12 00:10:20

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> shunsuke wrote:
>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>
>> Another(more generic?) workaround seems known.
>>
>> template< class T >
>> typename range_iterator< typename add_const<T>::type >::type
>> some_algo(T const& rng) {
>> // ...
>> }
>>
>> I prefer a macro to document this bug... http://tinyurl.com/y2wkq3
>> Well, this bug seems not only involved in Boost.Range.
>> VC++7.1 users would need this workaround; everywhere 'T' is deduced as
>> array type.
>
> Oh man, I hate that compiler (and I love it too).
>
> Shunsuke, may I include your code in the boost distribution?
Of course you can.

> If so, would the range library be an ok place to put it?
I don't know for sure.
Anyway it's not so complicated macro; wherever it is placed.

> And is the name PSTADE_DEDUCED_CONST(T) really a good name
> ? (What about BOOST_RANGE_CONST_TYPE?)
I of course follow your naming; I can't use english well :-)

Please note the workaround is not '::boost::add_const' but
'boost::add_const'. IIRC, the leftmost '::' would confuse VC++7.1
in weird situation.

Regards,

--
Shunsuke Sogame