From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-12 04:40:09

Roland Schwarz wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
>> please bring all Boost.Build questions to boost-build mailing list.
>
> I was under the impression, that my question is about usage of
> Boost.Build, i.e. usage of Boost.Build to build the boost library, and
> so addressed to this list. Do you mean, that such questions also belong
> to Boost.Build? If yes, I'll try to put it there in future.

I think yes, all questions that are targeted at Boost.Build itself
(tools/build/v2) or top-level Jamfile or status/Jamfile, should go to
Boost.Build mailing list so that to reduce traffic there.

I think Boost.Build questions should be posted there only if you suspect
there's problem with individual library and you want to bring
attention of library's author.

>> RC or HEAD? What do you mean by "does not work"? Do you get an error?
>
> RC_1_34_0, but is the same in HEAD.

Ok.

>> Do you get incorrect result? Is the library not built? What Jamfile.v2
>> did you rename?
>
> The lib was not built.
>
>> Ah, ok. So the library is not built. I've checked in a fix on
>> HEAD, would you please try again?
>
> Ok. Works now. Thank you! Will you merge this to RC_1_34_0 too?

I'm not sure. While the change seems safe, are you sure it's good
time to start renaming files on RC branch? I though only bug fixes
are OK at this point.

- Volodya