From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-13 05:54:48

David Abrahams wrote:
> Please make the fix in the HEAD, too! And update the
> merged_to_RC_1_34 tag!

I do understand, that it is a boost policy to change in HEAD and then
merge to the release branch. However I am currently in a kind of
split-brain situation:

1) We started thread_rewrite, as you might remember, and Anthony and me
already were asked to move this to HEAD.

2) We are bugfixing for the RC_1_34_0 branch.

3) I have several options:
    *) Do bug-fixing in RC_1_34_0, leave HEAD orphaned for the
       moment, move thread_rewrite to HEAD after release.
    *) Keeping HEAD in sync with RC_1_34_0 until release and then
       purge HEAD and move thread_rewrite to HEAD.
    *) Purge HEAD now, move thread_rewrite to HEAD now, do
       bug-fixing in RC_1_34_0.

I am following the first path for the moment to save time.
I would be very interested in your opinion in this matter, and
to receive some advice how you think we should proceed.
The main problem is, that HEAD and RC_1_34_0 are already very
divergent for path 1 and 3, and path 2 only costs time.

>> I suggested, that it would be useful to be able to specify the name of
>> the script in the using docutils statement, just as is possible with
>> the other tools.
>
> Feel free to make that improvement in CVS. I just did what I needed
> in order to get going. I'm sure we could do more.

Ok, if I have time, I will look into this. For the moment the link is
working for me.

Roland