From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-24 10:30:53

Hi,

I've just started on a project which is Windows CE based, using Microsoft
Embedded Visual C++ V3 and V4, and I'm having trouble using boost. There are
several #defines in the code that cover Windows CE (e.g. BOOST_NO_ANSI_APIS),
so somebody must be using boost successfully.

So, my first question is: what compiler(s) are people using for Windows CE?

Secondly, though these compilers are pretty similar to MSVC6 in terms of
direct C++ language support, they are further hampered by the lack of
exceptions and RTTI for the Windows CE targets needed for my project, and by
the lack of a decent Standard Library. I've managed to overcome the latter by
using STLPort 5.1, but much of boost is still not usable due to the lack of
exceptions and RTTI --- I can't even use simple stuff like lexical_cast! Am I
the only one in this boat, or has anyone got any recommendations?

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams
Just Software Solutions Ltd - http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk