From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 06:13:30

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> Anthony Williams wrote:
>> Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>> You can install RTTI patch for Windows CE 4.x platform:
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5BLN%5D;830482
>>>

>> The patch is for Windows CE 4.x, and one of my targets is running
>> CE 3.0, so thanks, but it's not any use to me.
>
> Why would you need to patch an OS to support RTTI? This is pretty
> weird.

I'm not a member of Windows CE dev team, so I can't answer
this question.

> Did you look whether you could simply use GCC ?

Shortly, yes you can and the GCC tools chain is ported.
IMHO, longer answer is that usability of these tools is limited,
ie. you don't have access to remote debugging on a device,
many of libraries are not supported like ATL which makes impossible to
use WTL - two crucial libraries for me.

Cheers

--
Mateusz Loskot