From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 06:39:40

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> I've uploaded a src.rpm for boost-1.34.0, yet unreleased, to my people page.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/bkoz/boost-1.34.0/
>
> There are also binary packages for x86.
>
> I'm hoping to get some feedback on this rpm, and boost packaging
> changes, before beginning the process of migrating to this codebase and
> spec file for future Fedora or Red Hat releases. Interested hackers are
> encouraged to download these files and play with them.

Has any thought been put into releasing multiple split boost packages
containing orthogonal functionality (boost.python, boost.wave, boost.serialization,
etc.) ?
I think the more packages get added to boost the more urgent an issue
this becomes.

This may even be something to be addressed not only at the packaging level
but one level down in the way boost source code (and the build system)
is organized...

Thanks,
                Stefan