From: Benjamin Kosnik (bkoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 10:28:26

> Has any thought been put into releasing multiple split boost packages
> containing orthogonal functionality (boost.python, boost.wave, boost.serialization,
> etc.) ?

Some. There are some intra-dependencies, and the split would add more
complications to an already too-complicated build process IMHO.

It's certainly possible, just more work.

I see this as more of an advantage for the debuginfo packages.

> I think the more packages get added to boost the more urgent an issue
> this becomes.

Certainly, this is a concern.

> This may even be something to be addressed not only at the packaging level
> but one level down in the way boost source code (and the build system)
> is organized...

Yes. Well, if the boost build system goes this way, then so would this
packaging.

best,
benjamin