From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 10:35:14

As everybody noticed, the state of Boost regression tests
is pretty chaotic at the moment. We have thousands of
error reports, some of them can be tracked to issues
in regression testing tools, and some of them can be tracked
to issues in tester's configurations. It's completely
impossible to do anything with 2000 error reports without
some organized effort.

Can we all agree on the following:

1. No commits to libraries code on RC branch whatsoever.

2. All patches to regression testing tools and Boost.Build
code on RC should be posted to main boost mailing list, so
that everybody knows what's being changed.

3. No changes in tester's configurations whatsoever, unless
explicitly asked for.

4. No new testers whatsoever.

I think that with those agreements, it would take me
less than a week to stabilize regression results from
Martin Wille (who is historically known to have no
local misconfigurations), and knowing that regression system
itself works, we can effectively decide what to do with
other issues -- including those showing up in configurations that
were not previously tested.

Opinions?

- Volodya